February 26, 2008

Step 2: Getting practical


Getting practical can only mean one thing: Getting hands on the wheel. Not only of the truck as one thing but of the trailer as well. Believe me, it's not the same to back up on a huge truck than to back up on a truck hooked up with a long trailer. It's a world apart.

That's what I'll be up to when I start learning that art on the 10th of March. You may ask: Why shouldn't I start now? Good question. The answer is: -It's all booked up until then!

Till then I can only "play" with a truck and trailer model I have which front wheels turn, giving you a good idea how the maneuvers work on a real truck. Of course, you cannot replace this to the real "hands-on" experience in the cabin; but you get a real good idea how the whole thing works.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have fun!!
Oi que em portaras en algun viatget?? :P

Ricky said...

Ostres noi, deu ser ben complicat, haver de fer marxa enrera... Sobretot no et quedis encallat! hehe... ah, i FELICITATS (en públic, en privat ja t'ho he deixat pro clar...) :P per haver-te tret la complcada teòrica!!!

ROGER TRUCKER said...

On estan les fotos teves?